Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My cute little Giraffe

The play titled "Blue Elephant" was staged on feb 14, 2009 where he was supposed to say the lines "I've never seen an elephant which is blue in color". After initial hiccups of making him learn the lines since he wouldn't accept as he had seen a blue elephant. So when the final show day came, he was very excited since the morning.

I sent him off in the same brown dress which I used for the goat activity. I just didn't have any other dress at home which could be brown or yellow in color from top to bottom. Betu did question me saying "Yeh to goat ki dress hai" but I somehow managed to convince him that lot of animals can have the same color.

They were to perform twice and the parents were given time slots to come and watch the show. Ours was the second slot.

I did a mistake here. I forgot to tell Betu about the slot business and when he didn't see us but saw the parents of all his friends he started bawling away loudly. He didn't say his lines at all and was crying in the top of his voice. So was I told from a mother of his classmate, called me to ask where was I when she saw him crying, with whom I'm pally with.

So when I reached he was in a really off mood and it took a lot of cajoling to agree him to speak his lines again. But when the second replay happened he spoke only half of his line "I've never seen a blue elephant which.." and he broke off. It was obvious that he was still not OK.

I didn't say anything to him but just said a "good job" when he came back to us. here are some of the pictures from the show




6 comments:

Swati said...

aww :( I can feel how he would have felt :(

But he looks cute !

Mama - Mia said...

kids are so sensitive to these things.

but he is looking so totally cute! :)

hugs to the cutest Giraffe (or gia as Cubby calls it) i have seen! :)

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

hugs to him... we need to be so sensitive to these things... scares me how ill i ever handle all this

Anonymous said...

Aww..poor Betu. I feel so bad for him :(
He is a good-looking giraffe!

-Priyanka

Monika said...

Aww......poor little guy.I feel so bad.

He is looking really happy in the pictures though & so very cute :)

PG said...

awww..... yes, it's their age. I don't think we can always do everything perfectly as parents, and it's Ok.
And he does look happy in the pictures!