Saturday, January 31, 2009

His summary of the Manali Trip

On the train from Chandigarh to Delhi (Shatabdi Express), our seats were right in the center where we get a table. So the crayons and paper that I had carried came to the rescue and I managed to keep the kids busy for good 1 hour.

There was another kid besides Anirudh and Prithvi and I'm sure his parents must be thanking me in their hearts too :D

The first thing Anirudh asked me when get got paper and crayons was "Main kya banayoon?" I told him if he wants he can draw whatever he saw in Manali. The idea really appealed to him and he got down to it. And this is what he made -


There is the sun, the clouds, the mountains covered with snow(blue bit on top of mountains) and with fir trees growing on them.

He drew a horse (pink one) and a monkey (blue one). he also drew the big boulders he saw near the mountains and in the river Beas (black and brown ones).

I think he did a splendid job of drawing a summary of his Manali trip. What says you all?

7 comments:

Cuckoo said...

He did a splendid job. He sure knows how to summarize things. It'll remain in his memory for quite sometime.
P.S.- Can you pls enable the Name/URL option for commenting ?

Cuckoo

Monika said...

unfortunately I cannot view his pic but I am sure he must have done a great job :)

PG said...

Looks fantastic! But, I have seen him draw amazing things about a year ago. (Rishab is no ways near that.) So, I'm not surprised.
What I also like a lot in this post is that you did not tell him anything specific to draw, but also just didn't do it way with "whatever you want" but showed him the "direction". Well Done, mommy! :)

PG said...

corection: "didn't do it 'away' not 'way' with...."

Swati said...

cool :) I like his summary better than yours ...I had to read so much ..here its so easy to picturize manali :)

~nm said...

Cuckoo..I've disabled anonymous commenting because of some stupid people leaving stupid comments.

@all: yeah..I also felt he did a good job much better than my long long post :D

Monika said...

oh its amazing... with a teacher like u he is grooming up well in arts and craft