Monday, January 12, 2009

Making Pop-out cards

Me and Betu made these pop-out cards recently using rough paper. Betu was mighty thrilled while making these and even more thrilled to see how they finally turned out.

I would draw the outlines and he would color them up. And then it was my job to cut at the right places. I did get a good scolding when I didn't cut the aeroplane properly and actually snipped the plane.

We first made the Christmas tree and then all sorts of ideas kept popping in his head which I was totally incapable of making. His ideas included a frog, a a crocodile, a ship and this aeroplane also. ALthough I was not sure if I could make an aeroplane one but still tried. Although it didn't work out as expected but it was good enough to make him happy. Here is the pic of the ones that we made -

Next in our to-do list is to make a rocket and a dolphin. I will have to wrack this rusty brain of mine to figure out how to make these.

8 comments:

Stone said...

Awesome, such cards used to delight me like anything ...they still do :-)

Mama - Mia said...

wow!! i am sending Cubby to you in holidaysfor craft and art lessons!

pls dont say no!! :D

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

i agree with Mama-Mia we'll send cubby and ojas together ;-)

Swati said...

Well you should also share HOW TO MAKE :O
Btw..can Aryan join the classes ?

~nm said...

Cubby, Ojas and Aryan : Yes you all can come for the classes :D

PG said...

I love the post and the conversation. :)
Well done Nidha!

Subhashree said...

Wow! Cool!

Monika said...

U r one talented mom !